Achieve Occupational Therapy
What services can we offer to schools at Achieve Occupational Therapy?
- Dr Dorothy Armstrong offers Continued Professional Development to teachers and support staff. This is customised to suit the needs of the school. The following is a sample of the workshops and lectures delivered to schools in the past:
- Developmental Coordination Disorder (Dyspraxia) - Inclusive strategies.
- Strategies for teaching Children with Oppositional Defiant Disorder.
- Sensory Processing Disorder - how to help your students remain regulated.
- Helping children in your classroom who suffer from depression.
- Strategies for enabling the child with ADHD to reach their potential at school.
- Understanding and preventing melt-downs for children on the spectrum.
- Asperger's Syndrome and inclusion in the classroom.
- The 'Sliding in Programme' - Helping children with Selective Mutism participate in class.
- Helping children with anxiety.
- We also offer school visits for children who already attend the service.